Mara is the first endometrial ablation system specifically designed to be used in the doctor’s office.
- Only system with patented Smart SealTM technology and Integrity ProTM safety feature
- Slender Vapor Probe with soft, flexible tip to facilitate insertion
- 79% of women experienced significant reduction in their menstrual bleedinga
- 99% experienced an improvement in quality of life 12 months post-treatment
- 93% would recommend to a friend
- Fully-automated continuous safety monitoring
- Fully-automated vapor delivery system
- Conforms to uterine cavities with unique differences
- Cavity lengths up to 12 cm
- Any uterine width
- Uterine cavities with certain types of fibroids
- History of low-transverse c-section
- In the presence of Essure®
Adaptive Vapor Ablation
Adaptive Vapor Ablation (AVA) technology utilizes the naturally expansive power of water vapor to conform to the unique differences of a woman’s uterus to deliver a safe, effective and quick endometrial ablation procedure.
Mara Uses AVA Technology
The Mara Water Vapor System is indicated to ablate the endometrial lining of the uterus in premenopausal women with menorrhagia due to benign causes for whom childbearing is complete. Mara uses AVA technology to gently fill the uterine cavity with natural water vapor.
Physical Components of Mara
The Mara Water Vapor Ablation System consists of:
- Mara Vapor Generator The Mara Vapor Generator is reusable and completes an automated self-sterilization cycle of the water vapor path prior to each patient use.
- Single-Use Mara Vapor Procedure Kit
Each single-use Mara Vapor Procedure Kit includes a sterile Mara Vapor Probe with a soft flexible tip to ease insertion. The Mara Vapor Probe also includes an attached saline delivery conduit, syringe and saline supply line that delivers water to, and collects water from, the Mara Vapor Generator.
Mara Safety Features
Mara uses a slender Vapor Probe, SmartSealTM technology and the IntegrityProTM safety feature to protect the cervix and vagina from thermal effects.
- The slender Vapor Probe is used to deliver the sterile water vapor into the uterine cavity.
- Provides a soft, flexible tip for insertion through the internal os
- Includes a cervical collar designed to aid in placing the Vapor Probe just beyond the internal cervical os
- Designed to eliminate any requirements to touch the uterine fundus
- Does not require cervical dilation
- SmartSeal is the combination of the triple balloon cervical sealing system, automated real-time intrauterine water vapor pressure regulation and monitoring to maintain a low intrauterine pressure of below 52 mmHg. It also monitors the cervical canal temperature via the thermocouple placed on the middle sealing balloon.
- Provides automated real-time pressure monitoring with active management of uterine and cervical seal
- Monitors balloon pressure, uterine pressure and cervical temperature and is designed to confine water vapor to the uterine cavity during treatment.
- Redundant cervical sealing: triple balloon plus cervical thermocouple
- IntegrityPro includes a new, patented secondary safety check that is above and beyond the integrity test to provide an added level of confidence.
- Uses SmartSeal™ to confirm water vapor is confined to the uterine cavity.
- IntegrityPro test uniquely includes cavity sealing and confirmation of correct placement of the device in the uterine cavity
- Safety checks must be successfully completed consecutively before delivery of water vapor can be initiated