What to Expect, Risks & Considerations
Endometrial ablation with the AEGEA Vapor System is a surgical procedure.
Preparing for treatment
Most patients experience some uterine cramping for a few days, which usually is treated with over-the-counter (non-prescription) pain medication that your doctor will recommend. Patients also reported vaginal discharge following the procedure.
As with all surgical procedures, there are risks and considerations associated with the AEGEA Vapor System. Please refer to the Patient Labeling for a detailed discussion of the device’s intended use, relevant warnings, precautions, side effects and contraindications.
One year after treatment
- 6X reduction in heavy menstrual bleeding per Pivotal Study criteriaa
- 90% had bleeding reduced by ≥50%
- 85% had bleeding that was reduced to a normal level or less per scientific literatureb
Improved Quality of Life and Patient Satisfaction
Patients reported improved quality of life and high satisfaction with the AEGEA procedure. One year after the treatment in the Pivotal Study, patients reported the following:
- 99% of patients experienced and improvement in quality of life
- 93% of patients said they would recommend the procedure to a friend
- 91% of patients were either satisfied or very satisfied
Return to Work
Patients reported a quick return to work following the AEGEA procedure. Patients in the Pivotal Study reported the following:
- 89% of patients returned to work within 3 days or less
- 79% of patients returned to work within 2 days or less
Patients with menstrual cramping before the procedure reported a decrease in menstrual cramping. One year after the treatment in the Pivotal Study, patients reported the following:
- 72% of patients with menstrual cramping before undergoing the procedure said their cramping decreased after the AEGEA procedure
Patients whose periods affected their sex life, reported an improvement in their sex life. One year after the treatment in the Pivotal Study, patients reported the following:
- 85% of patients whose periods affected their sex life had an improvement in their sex life after treatment