The AEGEA Vapor System is the first endometrial ablation system specifically designed to be used in the doctor’s office.
- Only system with patented Smart SealTM technology and Integrity ProTM safety feature
- Fully-automated continuous safety monitoring
- Fully-automated vapor delivery system
- 6X reduction in menstrual bleeding
- 99% experienced an improvement in quality of life 12 months post-treatment
- 93% would recommend to a friend
- Conforms to uterine cavities with unique differences
- Cavity lengths up to 12 cm
- Any uterine width
- Uterine cavities with certain types of fibroids
- History of low-transverse c-section
- In the presence of Essure®
Safe. Simple. Effective. Inclusive.
When you discuss the AEGEA Vapor System procedure with your patients, you can recommend it with confidence. When evaluating options for endometrial ablation, the AEGEA Vapor System advantage is clear.
The AEGEA Vapor System is indicated to ablate the endometrial lining of the uterus in premenopausal women with menorrhagia due to benign causes for whom childbearing is complete.
The AEGEA Vapor System At-a-Glance
The AEGEA Vapor System provides an in-office treatment option for endometrial ablation that is safe, simple, effective and inclusive.
|Ablation Mechanism of Action||Water Vapor|
|Reduction in bleeding per Pivotal Study criteriaa (PBLAC score ≤75)||6X average reduction in menstrual bleeding|
|Reduction in bleeding ≥50%||90%|
|Reduction in bleeding to normal per scientific literatureb (PBLAC ≤100)||85%|
|Treats Large Cavities||✔|
|Treats Cavities with Certain Fibroid Types||✔|
|Fully Automated In-office Procedure||✔|
|Treatment Time||2 minutes|
|Procedure Time||4 minutes|
|Secondary safety check above and beyond integrity test||✔|
|Cervical Canal Sealing Balloon and Thermocouple||✔|
|Cervical Collar Insertion Guide||✔|
|Soft, Flexible Tip||✔|
|No Patient Data to Enter in the Generator||✔|
|Minimal Insertion Depth Just Past the Cervix||✔|
|No Intra-Cavitary Deployment||✔|
|No Dilation Required||✔|
b. Higham J, O’Brien P, Shaw R. Assessment of menstrual blood loss using a pictorial chart. Br J Obstet Gynecol 1990; 97:734-739
Quality of LifePatients expressed significant improvement in quality of life and satisfaction after treatment with the AEGEA Vapor System.
- 99% experienced an improvement in quality of life
- 93% would recommend the treatment to a friend
- 91% were either satisfied or very satisfied
- 89% returned to work within 3 days
- 89% had an improvement in their sex life*
- 72% said their cramping decreased
*of women whose periods affected their sex life
Treatment with the AEGEA Vapor System can be done in-office and can include treatment for some non-uniform uterine cavities.
|Treats Some Non-Uniform Uterine Cavities|
|In the Presence of Essure®||In the Pivotal Clinical Study, the AEGEA Vapor System was used to treat 8 patients with Essure Permanent Birth Control in place at the time of vapor treatment. There were no serious device or procedure-related adverse events in these 8 subjects and 6/8 subjects met the study’s success criteria for effectiveness|