The AEGEA Vapor System is the first endometrial ablation system specifically designed to be used in the doctor’s office.
- Only system with patented Smart SealTM technology and Integrity ProTM safety feature
- Fully-automated continuous safety monitoring
- Fully-automated vapor delivery system
- 6X reduction in menstrual bleeding
- 99% experienced an improvement in quality of life 12 months post-treatment
- 93% would recommend to a friend
- Conforms to uterine cavities with unique differences
- Cavity lengths up to 12 cm
- Any uterine width
- Uterine cavities with certain types of fibroids
- History of low-transverse c-section
- In the presence of Essure®
Performing the Procedure
The AEGEA Vapor System procedure can be performed in-office without the need for general anesthesia.
- The slender, soft, flexible tip of the AEGEA Vapor Probe is inserted through the cervix
- The three balloons automatically inflate to seal the uterus and secure the probe. The uterine cavity integrity testing is completed using the SmartSealTM technology and IntegrityProTM safety feature.
- Integrity ProTM includes a new patented secondary safety check above and beyond the integrity test to provide an added level of confidence. The integrity test uniquely includes confirmation of correct placement of the device. Safety checks must be successfully completed consecutively before delivery of vapor can be initiated.
- During treatment, SmartSealTM provides automated real-time pressure monitoring with active management of uterine and cervical seal. SmartSealTM also monitors balloon pressure, uterine pressure and cervical temperature and is designed to confine vapor to the uterine cavity during treatment.
- Endometrial ablation is automatically carried out under low distention pressure with a treatment time of 2 minutes.
- The balloons automatically deflate at the end of the procedure, and the Vapor Probe may be removed.